Saturday, April 2, 2011

Good Food

I have half my children out this weekend (2 out of 4). My daughter loves cooking, so of course I have to think of something "different" to cook with her. It's so good to cook with someone else - I'm not sure why, but it just seems to make cooking more fun and adventurous! So we cooked Pasta - I just did this two days ago, but because she had the leftovers for breakfast, we had to make it again. Pasta really is easy, especially since I worked out that for 4 people you only need 2 eggs and 200g flour and it really doesn't take very long. Of course a pasta machine (hand cranked) makes life a little easier. I had an organic chicken in the freezer (no, not home grown unfortunately) we jointed that and made a caserole (onion, mushrooms, garlic, tomato casata, beer) and then served it with fried squash and eggplant (from the garden) and capsicum. It was very nice!
I do like making pasta. It's not hard, just takes a little more time than opening a packet! But it could be almost a different food to dried pasta, and so worth while doing. And I do know that some people have a pasta machine in the back of their cupboard so......if you do.....  - give it a go! My pasta recipe is on the recipe page.

No comments:

Post a Comment