Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Canberra

Well, we've moved. Although at the moment we are living in house in a Canberra and not yet on a farm. Hopefully that will change very soon, but for the time being, it is what it is and we are just enjoying spending time with our gorgeous little grand daughter.

We're also enjoying being in town for a short while. Movies last night was a treat and then last weekend we went to the zoo. I used to have mixed feelings about zoos and enclosing animals, but this zoo is quite well done and basically some species have been lost in the wild and zoos do keep them alive. And it is good to see such beautiful animals!



When we left Anabank less than two weeks ago, a wet season had just started. We'd had just over 100mm then, but now it's close to 300mm. Amazing!! It's been incredible how fast things have changed and we aren't there to see it! Chloe has been sending lots of photos so we know what we're missing out on. The place has gone from one extreme to another, but then that's Australia, the land of flooding rains and droughts!



Kim and I have just started doing an online Permaculture Design Course, which we thought might give us something to do......although I'm struggling to find time to do some of the other things I want to do, like this blog and also finish of my recipe book, so I don't need to find more jobs! I'm nearly finished doing a recipe book that will just be a small ebook with some of my basic recipes. It's always been a dream of mine to write a recipe book and this is not my dream book, but just a starter to practice. I keep changing what my dream book will be like, so if you have any suggestions, don't hesitate to drop me a message.......that's something I'll be working on over the next twelve months I hope.

I know I've said it before, but I really want to post more often so hopefully I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment