Friday, March 11, 2016

Day 2 Locavore Challenge

I was very lucky to get given a big bag of fresh peanuts (raw) the other day. These were picked up on a road side stall by a friend.  I'll shell them all and use some to make peanut butter and we'll use some for snacks, plus party nibbles.

Tonight's dinner which was frightfully late.....Due to many and various reasons - I did spend quite a bit of time in the garden this afternoon, perhaps that had something to do with it!

Chicken wings and USA ribs cooked in the oven in a sesame, soy, ginger, garlic (etc) sauce, with rice (not local) and veggies (all local) baked in the oven. This wings and ribs were home grown.

What did you eat today that was locally produced?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy! I try to do this sometimes. I find the hardest part is grains, as we can't grow them or buy them locally. If I could just get my sweet potato plant to produce more we would live off that :) Its a fun challenge anyway, I hope you are still going, give us some more examples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had intended to post every day as part of this challenge, but alas..... Anyway thanks for your comment and the prompting. I try to buy my grains and seeds and nuts from Australian sources. I kinda think that you support local first, your state second and then your country. I love Farmhouse Direct, although it can be a little expensive. I also buy in bulk in a buyers group, and we try to get Australian were possible. I would love to get sweet potato going, but need to get rid of the chooks and turkeys first!

      Delete