Saturday, April 16, 2011

Duck again

I didn't mention the other day, but when you bone out the duck it's very important that you use all the bones to make a duck stock. Then you can do a yummy and quick lunch with the stock. It was quite cool today and I was feeling a bit miserable with a cold, so I decided to make soup. So easy.  Fry off some chopped onion, carrot and celery and brown slightly. Add some garlic (and because I had it, I dug some fresh turmeric) then some chopped tomatoes. Add the stock and cook for a bit before adding whatever vegies you can think of in the garden. I put in some comfrey (yes I know you aren't supposed to eat it!), brazil spinach and water spinach, grated squash and some herbs (parsely and chives). It was all very good and so healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment