Sunday, August 5, 2012

Weston A Price

I mentioned previously that I'm reading Nutrition and Physical Degeneration. It really is quite fascinating and really scary. Fascinating because the links he found between different foods and health is really interesting. Scary because he said this in the 1930's! Why didn't anyone (the powers that be) take any notice of him? Some things he found that can be directly related to modern/processed foods: - tooth decay - deformed dental arches - TB - certain vitamins need fat-soluble activators (these are found n animal products) to make them available - behavior, aggression and happiness are influenced by our diet. It's pretty heavy going at times, which is why I'm still reading it. It's also not the best book to read just before going to bed, although it does help to put me to sleep! It has reinforced my thinking that we need a diet that is genetically appropriate to us as individuals and most importantly, unprocessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment